We are experts on designing, managing, and undertaking economic development policy research. We undertake strategic as well as commissioned policy studies and we provides research services to a broad range of Stakeholders, mainly the Government, Development Partners and Think tanks. Through our direct commissioning and individual contracts, our work spans the following main thematic areas of focus.
- Trade policy and regional integration (transit trade, women in trade, cross-border trade, quality standards and sanitary and phytosanitary -SPS issues, trade in services; and trade facilitation audit)
- Small business (SMEs) growth diagnostics (Productivity and livelihood analysis, Informal sector and Household enterprises, Competitiveness and Economic Transformation)
- Innovation policy
- Green Industrialization
- Special Economic Zones
- Agricultural productivity (post-harvest losses)
- Public Expenditure Reviews (PERs); and
- Growth and Poverty Alleviation.
In addition to conducting policy research, we have hands-on experience in:
- Facilitating policy dialogue, stakeholder engagement, public awareness campaigns and dissemination events (rapporteur, moderation and organization).
- Providing research services to organizations, enterprises and individuals, mainly reviewing research proposals, undertaking field survey for data collection using tablets, preparing and administering survey instruments, data capturing templates, data entry, data analysis, report writing and Quality assurance.
We have in-house capability and experience in using a variety of Tools for conducting economic policy research including:
- Economy wide models using Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) analysis
- Econometric modelling and estimations using a variety of statistical software (e-Views, etc.)
- Statistical analysis using stata, SPSS
- Large scale survey techniques including use of Tablets applications
- Qualitative analysis.